Monday, September 15, 2008

Lost at the Library...

This was not the first time that I have visited the library here at Converse…but this was the first time I decided to take a real look around. I wanted to find a study place, as it says in the syllabus, but I found myself walking around everywhere for quite a while trying to see what was here and there. I think I spent about 20 minutes just looking around on the second and third floor…most of the time I was lost though…

Yes, I got lost…as odd as that sounds. I forgot where the stairs were…I was trying to avoid the mannequin that scared me half-to-death...and it took me awhile to realize that she was actually near where the stairs were located.

After finding my way, I realized that I really liked the second floor. It was very quiet and I picked a study place that had a nice view outside. I think that for assignments that do not involve a computer, I will go back to my study place to work. It’s a lot easier to concentrate on what you are doing because there’s no distraction…which is what I need to keep up with my assignments.

My ideal study environment is exactly what I found at the library. I need the atmosphere around me to be for the most part quiet. The only sound that I do like is of the outdoors through the window, like the wind blowing or if it’s raining.

1 comment:

shannonmarie said...

i got lost as well in the library, the third floor got me all sorts of turned around without me even knowing it! haha.