Sunday, October 5, 2008

Study Strategy

This is the strategy that I am using to study for my IDC midterm. Before I received my study sheet, I reviewed all of the readings in my mind to see what I remembered. I then analyzed the guide and rewrote my notes to match the “identify” items that were specified on it. I also asked my professor questions about anything on the guide that I could not find and wrote down what she had said. After gaining all of my answers I then went to writing down ideas for the essay concepts in a T-chart to compare and contrast the ideas mentioned. When I received the question, I began a new T-chart using the knowledge that I acquired through my notes and previous T-charts. Afterward, I typed it and now I have enough time everyday to study for the midterm without worrying about the essay.

This semester I learned that time management is a very important. That is why I completed my notes and essay as early as I could so I could review them both and study without any stress. This has also given me time to study for two other tests that I have during the same week as my IDC midterm.

In Converse 101 I have also learned to prioritize my work. I now write down dates in my planner for assignments that are due in a week or two and star them so that I know to work on them a little bit along with my assignments due the next day. I also read each syllabus to know how much the assignments are percentage-wise for each class.

No comments: