Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Organizations I Hope to Join

Once I get used to college life here at Converse, I want to be able to join some clubs. I need to balance everything first so I know that I will be able to take on another event in my schedule.

I liked being involved in numerous clubs in my high school and I want to be able to do the same thing here. I liked that I always had something going on almost every day after school. There was constantly something different happening each day because I had a different club each day of the school week. Plus, there was something new happening each time I visited one of my clubs.

I hope to be able to join the Art Club. I love art and I was in the National Art Honor Society in Valley Central HS before I moved to Fort Mill, SC and then I joined the Art and Photo Club while in Fort Mill HS.

I will also join American Society of Interior Designers (ASID). I plan on majoring in Interior Design so I think that this will definitely help me with my studies.

I think that I might also join the Campus Girl Scouts. I was a Girl Scout for ten years before I moved to Fort Mill and loved it. It would be nice to get involved with the Girl Scouts of America again.

I hope to join all of these clubs once I am used to college life.

7 comments:

Anna said...

I love to draw too! I was in AP at my high school. I just hope I end up having time to continue drawing and painting... You're right... It's a lot to balance out!!

Caroline Robbins said...

I was in Girl Scouts for a very long time too, like 12 years. So if you start up the Campus Girl Scouts I would like to join too!

shannonmarie said...

i always wished i could draw, i can barley draw a stick figue in proper proportions. =( id love to see some of your drawings though =)

Marissa Renea said...

I envy you your ability to draw, I can kinda sorta almost draw...but not really. I'm also interested in interior design although I'm not majoring in it. I always tell my family I can't wait to get my own place just so I can decorate it!!!

Amanda said...

I wish you the best of luck with wanting to join those groups! But also props for taking on all of it. I agree with shannonmarie, i wish I could draw better than I do.

BlondieB said...

I say go for it! Get involved in whatever makes you happy as long as it doesn't overload your plate and make you stretch yourself too far in the long run.

Kala said...

I was also in Girl Scouts. I still am actually, my Gold Award is one of my scholarships here. Not the best artist though....